Registration is now OPEN!!
Hello Rebels Parents,
We are excited to announce that Registration for the 2020-2021 Season is now OPEN. Registration will look a bit different this year so please read this message carefully.
We will be offering skills sessions to all players ages 8 and up that will run in October and November. Unfortunately, spaces are limited so they will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
The price of the skills sessions will be $25.
Registration for the regular season which is scheduled to start in January is also open and will close at midnight on November 7, 2020. Fees for this season are as follows:
- Players aged8 – 17 as of December 31, 2020 – $375
- Players aged6 and 7 as of December 31, 2020 – $200
- We will be offering a multi-player family discount this year, for families registering 3 players, your 3rdplayer is half price, for families registering 4 or more players, your 3rd is half price and 4th is free. Proof of residence or family relation may be requested.
Placement sessions will be held in November and December in preparation for the January season. In the event that the season is cancelled, you will receive a refund, less any processing fees. In the event the season is cancelled part-way through the year, a prorated refund will be issued.
What we do know about this season?
- MBANS has slated the season to start in January 2021 with the first games the weekend of January 9th.
- There will be two less games this year compared to previous years, however the season will run later to allow for the maximum number of games.
- Playoffs will be held over a three week period instead of having playoff tournaments.
- Gym space for the Fall is very limited as it is only HRM Rec facilities available, therefore we are limited to the times we have been able to secure with Gordon R. Snow Centre.
- HRCE has said that school gyms will not open to the public until January 2021 at the earliest.
- Current health guidelines will allow for regular games (i.e. 5 on 5, 4 on 4, etc.).
What we don’t know or what could change?
- In the event that health guidelines change, this could affect the ability for MBANS to have a season or may require further changes to the current plans.
- If HRCE does not open their gyms to the public, it will affect the ability of MBANS to have a regular season and as such for the Fall River Rebels program to go ahead as currently planned.
- Practice times will be dependent upon gym availability, we will not know what the gym availability is until later in 2020.
- MBANS will lay-out what is permissible for spectators attending games. Please note: spectators may not be allowed in the gyms; this is beyond the control of the Fall River Rebels Association and will be done in accordance with recommended health guidelines.
- In the event there is exposure to COVID 19 during a practice or game, the season for the team could be temporarily suspended; this will be done in accordance with directions from the NS Department of Health.
This season will certainly be different but we are all hoping to have a season that is as close to normal as possible. Please know we will be operating with everyone’s health and safety as a top priority. We are asking for full cooperation in following the guidelines put forth. Each week, you will be required to sign your child into practice and games attesting that they are feeling well and not showing any signs of COVID-19 as defined by the NS Department of Health. We will be doing our best to keep all parents apprised of any changes in guidelines, regulations, schedules, etc. Please ensure you provide an updated email address and check the Fall River Rebels Facebook page and website for up to date information.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate through these unusual times. Any questions or concerns please reach out.
Please register through TeamSnap with the following link https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/239822.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the children back on the court.